I've got a pair of tivoli radios, a radio one and the stereo one (radio
2 I think).  I'm not too impressed with the sound quality.  I have a
Boston Acoustics clock radio on my nightstand, and it sounds a whole
lot better to my ears.  No line in on the boston radio though.

For travel, I use my iPOD with a set of etymotic research headphones,
and it's hard to beat.  Small size and the earphones block out the
airplane noise.

On my electrostatic speaks, I can hear the difference between high bit
rate VBR lame and either flac or the original CD, but the differences
are surprisingly small.  Fraunhoffer vs flac is much more obvious.
This arguement is much like TIFF vs low compression JPEG, there are
differences, but it takes some scrutinizing to see it.

I use lame encoded MP3's on my pod, and based on my looking, there is
really no other portable player out there of any merit.  I use MP3's
rather than lossless on the pod because I'd rather than a larger music
library rather than a smaller one.  I never know what I'll be in the
mood for.  IF my pod didn't have enough space for enough music, I'd
compress more, rather than suffer with a smaller library especially
when traveling.

Sheldon

--
stokessd