beatdownvictim Wrote:
> Hi all, i just got my SB to work today, and i was wondering why the heck
> it's so bloody loud?!?
>
> Anyway, I'm using the SB's volume control into my amp (analogue
> connection).  Anyway, When i open up slimserver, it shows volume 1-11.
> On my SB, it shows 1-40.
>
> I tried doing a search, but i can't even begin to think what to search.
> Can someone help a noob out?
>
> Thanks all!

Hi!

First, don't be put off by the volume controls being 1-11 on the web
and 1-40 on the remote UI - the control covers the same range, you just
have more resolution using the remote.

Second, the reason it sounds too loud will be to do with the
sensitivity of the amp you are driving it with- other people have
complained its too quiet!

But the good news is that there is a feature just for you. In the web
interface, go to Player Settings - Audio and look for "Preamp Volume
Control". This is the value of attenuation in dB which will be applied
to this player regardless of the volume setting. Default 0. Try som
other values like 10 or 20 - look for the value which , when used with
"max" on the normal volume control, gives you the loudest volume you
can imagine wanting.

This feature was added relatively recently, so if you don't find it you
should download a more recent version of slimserver.

HTH

Ceejay

--
ceejay