Am I the only one who sees the utility in a next album button?  I really
prefer to listen in 'shuffle albums' mode, so that I still get the music
in the order intended by the artist. But often, shufle albums will
deliver several albums in a row that I'm not in the mood for, and there
doesn't appear to be any way to just skip to the next album, without
fast forwarding through 10+ songs.

My very first hard drive mp3 player (personal jukebox - the first of
its kind) had this functionality.  You could make the next/prev buttons
apply to any field - track, album, artist, genre, playlist etc, and it
was really useful for rapidly jumping to the next thing when in a
random mode.  I miss that functionality terribly, and not one audio
device that I am aware of has implemented it.

Does anyone else out there think that holding down the next/prev
button, or maybe double pressing it rapidly, should result in the next
album, when listening in shuffle albums mode?  How would one go about
making this change?  Is it something that can be done in slimserver, or
does it need to be done in the firmware of the player?

--sam

--
ideasculptor