* ceejay shaped the electrons to say...

Or, if I interpret Dan's post correctly, don't take any functionality
out but just add a Wizard to help beginners get most of the settings
into a sensible starting position.

Yes - because most users don't know what to do when dumped into the Default
skin. A little guidance is all that's needed. And feedback to the user, which
we're really bad at. Like telling them that we're scanning, approximately how
long it will take, and when we're done. Oh, and that they really shouldn't
try playing music until we're done - as it's a bad user experience.

-D
--
Off the record, on the QT, and very hush-hush.