ceejay Wrote:
> Not so hard if you can do it as a beginner mode / expert mode
> arrangement (ie its all there if you want it, but you can operate in a
> simple mode if you want).
>
> Or, if I interpret Dan's post correctly, don't take any functionality
> out but just add a Wizard to help beginners get most of the settings
> into a sensible starting position.
>
> Ceejay

I agree if taking stuff out poses the risk of breaking things, which it
usually does. But I'd be quite interested myself in a stripped down
server - would it perfrom better? Perhaps not, but it may use less
resources and load faster.

I don't know the architecture of the server well enough to be able to
know the impact of extra functionality. Does it have zero effect if not
being used, or are the code paths more complex even if things are turned
off?

Paul

--
CardinalFang