tom permutt Wrote:
>  If so, I fear Slim is on the wrong horse; but, more importantly, it's
> the beginning of the end of the open-source, open-format idea.

We expect this to be the first of many horses, and we're not
interested in forcing anyone to use any particular music source. Our
goal is ALL THE MUSIC and we're happy to let users decide which
services they'll get it from. However, there are practical and legal
limits to which non-open/non-mp3 ones we can bring online, and how
quickly. Please don't assume that because our software is open source
that we oppose non-free-anything - our software roadmap has always
indicated plans to support more formats and more music sources
including DRM ones. As much as we'd like everyone to use sensible file
formats and open interfaces, we're just not big enough to drive that,
so instead we'll try to just make it all available and let you decide.

--
seanadams