Richard:

I did figure out a way to get Softsqueeze working on the above
mentioned machine.  It apparently was the ContentProtect content
filtering mechanism that was causing the problem.   However, fixing it
required downloading the Windows exe version of Softqueeze 2.3  and
then entering softsqueeze.exe as an "application override entry" in
ContentProtect in order to get Softsqueeze to get past the above
mentioned error.

Now Softsqueeze is working on that PC so, I can avoid using
SqueezeSlave.

Nonetheless, hope the above debug information is helpful in the
evolution of your software.

*Bradley

--
Bradley