smst Wrote:
> I haven't tried it actually -- the only DVD rips I have as FLAC are
> discrete songs anyway.  I'll try it out with concert footage if I can
> find the time; you're just grabbing the stereo, not the 5.1 mix, right?

Well I've actually tried ripping a 5.1 mix to seperate ac3 files then
converting it to wav using your your utility (thanks btw) then encoding
the files to flac and tagging them. The resulting files are 16bit 48khz
flac files which playback fine in full surround sound except for the
small but noticable gap between tracks that should be seamless.
At first i though this was a problem because of the DD encoding but by
coincidence i've got some other 48khz 16 bit files from a live
recording that hasn't been anywhere near 5.1 dolby digital and they
playback fine except for the gap which is exactly the same sort of gap
as i get with the 5.1 files.
So I concluded that the problem is with 48khz files rather than  the DD
5.1 encoding. It's bug #2990 if you want to vote for it ;-)

let us know how you get on either with stereo or 5.1 48Khz rips. It
would be very nice to have this fixed as a lot of DVD based music is of
live recordings that benifit from gapless playback.... It's as near as
damnit already but this would pretty much make the SB2 perfect in my
book!

--
chrisal