kewe65 Wrote:
> Linksys has a new product out called an "audio bridge"
>
> http://tinyurl.com/fv6pj
>
> This device has software that allows you to use *ANY* media playing
> software to stream over your existing wireless network to the stereo of
> choice.  By definition, I should be able to use JRiver Media Center to
> stream wirelessly over 54g to my stereo any file format that software
> plays, which includes Apple's .m4p...
>
> I've been engaging in several lengthy discussions on this forum over
> the streaming of any audio source to the SqueezeBox, such as:
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=20083&page=9
> and
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=18764&page=4
>
> This product and it's associated software claims to do exactly what i
> was hoping the SlimServer software could accomplish to warrant
> purchasing the hardware.
>
> I have one on order so haven't tried it out yet, but the reviews look
> promising.
>
> If there was one single thing on the "what's next" list for Slim, it
> ought to be this sort of capability.  The fact that this product was
> developed and put on the market should be evidence enough that there is
> *some* decent interest in getting any audio that is sent to your audio
> card also streamed wirelessly to the stereo.
You know what? I don't even care.

It's innevitable -- there *will* be competing devices. There may come
easier to use or better engineered devices. But the SqueezeBox works
for me and I'm happy with it, and more importantly, with Slim Devices,
as a company. Try getting some personal attention from Cisco/Linksys. I
doubt they have the time or resources to give an airborne act of
copulation about you.

At one time, there was something called brand loyalty. Companies often
sit on their laurels (or worse), and abuse that loyalty, but at least
at this point, if there was ever a company that was earning its brand
loyatly, it's Slim.

The American consumer needs to rediscover the notion that when you buy
something, you're not just buying a product at the lowest price, or
that's easiest to get, or whatever; you're buying a product from
*someone*.

--
jonheal

Jon Heal says: