Thanks.  Now that I think about it I did know about that setting.  My
test database didn't have a player connected so I couldn't peruse that
area.  However, I still can't find anything about using iTunes volume
adjustment like the wikipedia suggests.  I used foobar to add replay
gain on my test database.  I used the newest version and tested the tag
writing like it was suggested.  Things worked great so I set it up to
run on the whole database last night.  It screwed up over a third of my
tags.  Glad I didn't do it on my main database.

--
Mr_Smiley