Excellent suggestion, but still no luck.  The only radio stations I see
are from ioradio (others require login, are empty, or.. Shoutcast won't
come up.  Something about web page unavailable (99)).  I'm wondering if
something else could interfere.  iTunes?

If you have a firewall running on your server, be sure slimserver is allowed to access the internet. Does none of the radio stations work? The error you get from the Shoutcast plugin means that the plugin was unable to get the list from Shoutcast - mostly due to network errors.

What's your setup? Is slimserver running on the same machine as iTunes?

--

Michael