Patrick Dixon said the following on 02/27/2006 06:36 PM:
> Pretty much every router I googled when I was looking had loads of
> people slagging it off, and a few saying it was OK!  I updated mine to
> the most recent firmware I could find and it's been fine.  I'm not a
> very demanding wireless user anyway, but the BB modem has been solid
> and the wires work OK!

I found that I couldn't get a reliable wireless connection from my
laptop - so much so that I had to power cycle the box to reset it. It
was a real pain.

having initially gone for a one-box solution I went to the other extreme
and got a Netgear DG832 - just an ADSL modem / router with one ethernet
port to which I connected an 8-port switch. I have a couple of
WAPs/routers that I plugged in to the switch.  That kept hanging as well
so I got myself a Cisco SOHO97 ADSL modem/router/switch which has been
rock-solid (touch wood). It's also much more versatile than a "domestic"
router - for example, I've got a block of 8 IP addresses allocated to me
and I re-direct each one to a different internal host.

Anyway, that's geting rather OT!

R.