I have a Linksys wireless router and cable modem which have served me
very well.  Basically, hardware products that sit on your desk and
don't change much beyond a few dull firmware updates.  About two years
ago I purchased their WMA-11B wireless media adapter.  It worked great,
did what it was supposed to do with no frills, and that was it. There
were one or two very dull firmware updates, but no really new or
enhanced functionality.  In fact, it was never even updated to work
properly with SP2.  It was a nice product; it's just that it passed way
too quickly into obsolescence.

My two new SB3s and the SlimServer software are remarkable by
comparison.  Not just the devices and software, but the incredible
community and sense of commitment by the maker.  The only other device
that has given me this kind of satisfaction has been my TiVo.  With the
SB3, I can be reasonably confident of continual improvements and a
respectable lifetime.

I'm sure the new Linksys music bridge will work pretty well right out
of the box, but I wouldn't expect much added value in the days beyond
that.

--
Gildahl