AirData Wrote:
> The web browser page shows, in the upper right corner, a drop-down list
> of all available players. The problem I have is that my Palm Treo
> always has a new IP and I have to go in and delete the old player and
> set up a new one every time.
>
> I would also think this would be a problem for anyone traveling unless
> they set it by MAC address. My Treo doesn't have a MAC address but does
> have a dynamically assigned IP adddress. So, is there a way to have a
> wildcard in the IP address? Something like this: 70.70.*.*?
>
> Otherwise, I have it streaming to my phone and laptop perfectly.
>
> I asked this a few days ago and go no replys so I thought I'd try to
> ask it a different way :)

If your Palm Treo connects to your wireless (or wired) network wth a
dynamically assigned IP address - It must have a MAC address try an
'arp' from a windows command prompt - i.e "arp 'treo ip no ' -a " this
sould resolve the ip to mac address.
My squeezebox gives this result :

Interface: 192.168.2.6 --- 0x2
Internet Address      Physical Address      Type
192.168.2.7           00-04-20-06-31-4a     dynamic

Hope this helps ...
Rep

--
repman