kyleki Wrote:
> I think if this were made an automatic operation, as suggested here, it
> would accomplish the desired result (provided a power-on signal
> returned the device back where it was before).  Is this a difficult
> thing to accomplish?
>
> Agreed, that's why I think automatically grabbing it from
> Squeezenetwork is a good comprimise.  It still requires a server of
> sorts, but doesn't leave the user with a blank squeezebox.

Exactly.  I'm not suggesting that the SB3 be equipped in future
versions with a clock in the hardware.. as I understand it, the less
stuff in the box, the less noise on the signal, so in response to some
earlier posts, I agree that it shouldn't have a built-in clock.

But if the firmware can be adapted to allow the SB3 to automatically
pull up the clock from the Squeezenetwork when I shut off my computer,
that would be cool.  Right now, it seems kind of awkward that the SB3
goes blank whenever I shut off my computer.

Chris

--
benthos