results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=19369
Question: Do you have a 770?

- Got it
- Want it
- Need it
- Forget it

Michael Haan Wrote:

> Fair enough - so, how does the 770 stack-up against a PPC for power
> consumption, and for response time?

Have had the 770 for several weeks.

Batteries: If you're using it mostly as sb remote the batteries last
for days (if you're doing a lot of web browsing they still seem to last
longer than you would want to be browsing during the course of a
day--I've not yet had the batteries run out during use (as happened
often with me for a laptop) and I've been using it a lot as a
browser.).

Response time: if you haven't been using it for hours or days the
screen is 'on' instantly but there is 5-10 second delay to get the wifi
re-connected (shuts off automatically to save battery power).  Once wifi
is connected response time from page to page etc. is virtually the same
as on one of the computers connected to the same network (that is to
say for practical purposes very fast).

(if it's useful my points of comparison are (a) a blackberry which I
love for email but nothing else (b) a dell axim v50 which  worked ok as
a sb remote except boot time was too long and it was too unstable(c) wxp
laptops which I used and still use, based on where I happen to be at the
moment, to control various sbs and (d) the audiotron, whose remote was
just as bad as the sb remote but which had the late, lamented 'knob'...
but that's a whole 'nother story)

--
cshaida