In case it hasn't been discussed, I found a problem installing
Slimserver to a Windows machine when connecting via Remote Desktop
Connection or Terminal Services.  The install seemed successful until
attempting to start Slimserver.  I would see the tray icon blinking
indefinitely with "Starting Slimserver" over it.  I reinstalled using
VNC, and it worked fine.

I think it's not an issue with RDC or TS, but with slimserver sometimes needing two attempts to be successfully installed. This behaviour (less the TS) has been reported more than once :-/.

--

Michael