NWP, I totally agree. Why anyone would purchase music from iTMS is
beyond me - in the UK each 'tune' is 79p and thus an album is around
£10!!   This is for a lossy 128kbps encrypted file that generally has
no sleeve notes or lyrics and can only be played back on certain
equipment. As a long term Apple hardware user I  have applauded their
technical innovation, industrial design sense and software integration
- however with every release they are moving further towards the
Microsoft 'lock em in good and proper' business model.

I use iTunes as my music management software but not one of the 4500
files has been purchased from Apple!

--
Cubed