No ideas, but if misery loves company, I got the exact same thing last
week. And it also happened with the spectrum analyzer screensaver. And
it happened with whatever playlist I would throw at it (the post is at
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=21976), but there are no
replies, so it's hardly a 'thread'  :(

In my case it happened shortly after upgrading SS from an early-Feb
version of 6.2.2 to something like the 8-March nightly. This also
upgraded the firmware to 35. I then upgraded to the 11-March nightly
and still no joy. Finally, I deleted my slimserver.pref file and
started clean, and the problem appears to have ceased (knock wood).
Can't say that the prefs file was definitively the problem, or why it
should have gotten corrupted, but it is working.

Good luck, and please post any other symptoms/solutions you uncover.

--
aubuti