Put me down as another happy SyncToy user.  My main slimserver library
is backed up when I feel like it, using SyncToy, to an external disc on
another computer.

I also use SyncToy to copy just the AAC branch of the library (I have
FLAC, MP3 and AAC) to my laptop to be played with iTunes while
travelling.

The external disc is only powered and plugged in when I'm doing a
backup (eliminates the lightning risk) and I've deliberately gone for a
manually triggered backup to avoid a case where my main system went
bananas, damaged its own data and then, before I had a chance to stop
it, wrecked the backup as well.

Even if I leave it a month, thats at worst a few CDs worth of data. If
I ever do a big retagging effort, I know its time to backup.

So... just at the moment I'm feeling snug and smug.  My problem now is
that the "huge" disc I thought I'd bought a year ago - with plenty of
room for growth - has nearly been filled up by the extraordinary amount
of music I've bought in that time!  So now I've got to consider buying
another drive for the server, and another external drive for backup,
and all of a sudden the backup scenario looks a lot harder.  Hmmmm...

Ceejay

--
ceejay