kkitts Wrote:
> Just curious, how do you get the best deal on these Dell PCs? Through
> the Dell web site? eBay? Something else? I'm in the USA of course.
>
> BTW, I'd think that for many people the 137G limit of the e-PC would be
> a bit limiting. I guess that was for the PIII version. Perhaps the PIV
> version has a higher limit? BTW, there are a slew of PIV e-PC (model
> 42) on eBay at the moment. They seem to be going for about $190.00
> including shipping - but they only have 20G hard disks - so one would
> need to replace that for sure.
Yeah, I took a quick look at the low (and I mean _low_) end Dell
server.  $449 for a Celeron machine with an 80GB SATA drive and 512MB
of RAM?  Nothing against Dell, but they're bread-and-butter is the
mid-range server.  If you want high-end servers, with high-end customer
service, go with HP or IBM or even Sun.  Low end, go white box and build
it yourself.

For a little over $400 you did good Kevin.

I really like those WD drives.  I have four of the WD3200JDs in an NAS
and I'm pleasantly surprised both by how quiet they are and how cool
they run.

--
JJZolx

Jim