dangerous_dom Wrote:
> kewe65, you really have no idea about what you are talking about. You
> can browse all the music on your server very nicely. It's better than
> the ipod interface for browsing music, playlists etc. So it does not
> have a colour screen for album covers, big deal, i dont want to anyway.
> Most of us dont want to carry a laptop around or have the PC in the
> living room, that just dumb when you can just have a cable.

Lets try this a different way. According to Slimdevices.com specs, the
SB3 display supports:
* Large, high-resolution vacuum fluorescent display
* 320x32 greyscale pixels
* Beautiful high-speed, full-screen visualizers
* Bitmapped graphics, multiple fonts, animation, and images
* Brightness control

The remote allows:
* Includes "SmartScroll" algorithms to quickly access favorite
songs within large lists

Laptop screen supports:
depending on screen resolution, frequently larger than 800x600 color
pixels.

*That* was my only comment on comparing browsing.  I can see and sort,
even with a remote control, dozens of lines at once.

Despite that i'd still purchase a SB3 in wink if Slimserver would
support or use the Quicktime API to playback Apple DRM files.

--
kewe65