results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=22423
Question: France Vs Apple

- Apple are right
- The French are right
- Both are wrong, I have a better solution (explain)
- What's France?

stinkingpig Wrote:
> dangerous_dom wrote:[color=blue]
> This is just showboating the idea that DRM is bad, anti-consumer, and
> monopolistic. That's entirely true, but not something to waste the
> court's time with

Why not? That what they are for. And it's not strictly a court issue,
it a bill of law they are trying to pass through the government. And
just because something is not illegal does not mean it's not wrong or
unfair.

Also, how is 80% of all online music sales and the total grip of the
personal DAP market not count as a monopoly.

Yes, you may say people are stupid to buy from itunes, i certainly
would not buy from itunes myself. But many have, and now they are
locked to Apple. Is it not the governments job to look after the little
people and step in when a company has to much power and is acting very
unfairly? After all, 99% of people don't have the knowledge we do. Most
people are not geeks like me, they probably have better thing to do lol!
Dismissing them as stupid is a little unfair, it's quite normal to not
have a deep understanding of DRM and digital audio technology.

--
dangerous_dom