..M3U playlists have been broken for a while, I was surprised there was
no more uproar about it. It seems to me many people in this forum have
such an emotional connection to the SQB that they ignore the
idiosynchrasies - when I reported the broken M3U lists, the automatic
assumption was it was my setup that didn't work.

I think the playlist aspects of the SQB needs to be rock solid until
the device really lives up to its potential, and yes, it should be a
huge priority when it comes to fixes.

I love the SQB sound and build quality, but until the playlist aspect
and its compatibility with WMP has been ironed out I think it does
represent an unacceptable compromise. The occurrence of a bug like that
is what separates a world class consumer product from a promising toy,
in my opinion.

--
pablolie