eq72521 Wrote:
> That's strange.  It's quite clear to me, both on a CRT and an LCD.
> However, the clarity on the LCD varies depending on my viewing angle.
> At a normal angle it appears about like on my CRT.  If I tilt the top
> of the display away from me the effect becomes more pronounced, but the
> opposite happens if I tilt it toward me.  So perhaps your contact was
> using an LCD at a sub-optimal angle.  Other monitor settings could
> probably mess it up as well.

Yeah, I suggested that if he was on an LCD he try tilting it.  But on
my monitors (LCD and CRT) it's quite visible at any angle.  I suppose I
could try taking another picture.  If this really is a one-of-a-kind
failure, I would think SD would want to get their hands on this unit so
they can have an example of a display failure (that perhaps they could
take to their supplier).

The burn-in isn't bad yet, and I could live with it as it is, but I
suspect that the rate of deterioration is going to remain fixed, and if
this is three month's worth of decay, then I'm going to have a pretty
ugly display inside of a year.

I'd say I'm going to be an unhappy customer if they refuse to RMA it,
but that's not true, I'll be an unhappy non-customer if that happens.

--
rudholm