notanatheist Wrote:
> Using a different shell won't affect your network share including your
> printer. You just lost the traditional look of Windows. How many
> processes on startup? Under MSCONFIG go to the "Services" tab, check
> "hide all MS services" and see what else is hiding around.

The only things *running* are an HP fax program that seems to keep
coming back after I disable it and Avast anti-virus, but when I
disabled that it didn't make a discernnable difference.

I also tried changing the the "items per page" in the server settings
to 30 (from something like 200). That helped a lot, but I still get
dropouts when I am listening to uncompressed tracks and browsing
through artists, albums, music folder etc. Maybe this is just normal.

--
frankL