Siduhe Wrote:
> What format are your tracks in - if MP3, what bitrate and VBR / CBR ?
> - FLAC
>
> Is your music on the same box as slimserver is running on, or is it a
> network share ?
> - Same box
>
> What other plugins do you use (Trackstat, MusicMagic, Moodlogic) ?
> - None
>
> All of these factors may affect the time it takes to scan a particular
> library.
>
> A "look for new" scan still needs to look at every track in the library
> as I understand it.  However, it glosses over the old ones and does a
> proper scan of the new ones (hence why "look for new" is faster than
> "full rescan").
>
> 5 minutes for an update rescan of a 2259 library is pretty normal IMHO.

- I'm wondering something along these lines (from FAQ) might help -
haven't tried it yet...
(Question was: I'm using the SlimServer as a Windows service but the
performance isn't good. The music sometimes is choppy and the menus
aren't very responsive, especially when it's scanning my music library.
What can I do?)
Answer: By default, Windows doesn't give high priority to services and
the SlimServer software sometimes needs a fair amount of CPU. To work
around this, open your "Control Panels", and then open the "System"
control panel. On the "Advanced" tab, find the "Performance" section
and click on "Settings". On the "Advanced" tab, choose "Backround
Services" under "Processor Scheduling". Click "OK" and the SlimServer
software will now get more CPU cycles and perform better.

--
abr88