Triode Wrote:
> There is also a small tcp keepalive once every 2 seconds if there is no
> display activity - so you see packets every 2 seconds or so.

Ignoring the display update issues, why does the squeezebox need a
keepalive?  What sort of connection does it maintain to the server?
Surely the timeout for the connection could be made quite long, at
least long enough to relieve the need for a keepalive packet.

I'm sure this has been discussed ad-infinitum.. but I couldn't find the
info.  Any reference would be appreciated.

--
bigjules