I moved to the Slimdevices from a Netgear MP101 and do not even want to
consider going back.  Not sure what other options are out there - I
stopped after getting the SB.
If anyone has a problem with wireless then homeplug ethernet over mains
is an option worth looking at.  Not too bad these days in price, and the
14Mbps version is more than enough for a couple of SB's.
As the MP101 is crap with wireless I had the homeplug kit already so my
first SB3 was wired only.
It worked well, but I wanted another SB so went wireless.
My home WAP is a Belkin Pre-N one.  No I have read of all sorts of
issues with Belkin and wireless and was unsure, but I soon found that
this is simply someone elses kit rebadged.  Indeed, it was the same as
the Netgear kit, but with a different case and aerial arrangement.  All
reviews looked good and gave it a better rating over the Netgear.

My cottage is made with Ragstone which seems to absorb wifi signals.
Using 11b, I cannot get a signal from one room to the next.  11g I can,
but the range is limited to about 2 rooms.  Using Pre-N, I can now feed
a signal into the bedroom with no problems.

Moving to the wireless SB3 this week I was pleased to find that the
signal was still in the high 60's for a signal rate and no problems at
all.

--
poyntzj