Due to rearangement of our furniture the Squezebox is now connected to
another switch on my LAN, and the issue has almost disappeared.
Sometimes the Squezebox does scroll a line or two after releasing the
button on the remote, but that is definately tolerable behaviour.

One must assume that it was some kind of weird interference between the
particular switch and the Squeezebox, that triggered some packets to be
duplicated.

I'd still like to see a reference document on the protocol between the
Squeezebox and the Slimserver to learn a little more about the possible
causes of this problem.

/Fedder

--
Fedder