This type of thing can be EXTREMELY frustrating. You have this super
cool thing that is more addictive than heroin and now its busted, right
before your party. Yes, tony is pissing off all the UNPAID folks who are
trying to help him, and that is not a wise thing to do. I’m glad
to see the Dean gave Tony a phone number to call. I think Tony should
call it and work through the issues with a LIVE support person.

I love my SB, and like all of you, I am fairly tech savy. When I got
the email from Sean a couple days ago about the SW upgrade, I was
pumped, because I have been wanting a solution to synch up Softsqueeze
with my SB.  (I use FLAC almost excusively, so I am all too familiar
with the timing problems)  Anyway, I figured I would look in on the old
message board before doing the upgrade, and boy am I glad I did. I
surely will not upgrade to 6.2.2 until the root cause of
tonymuffin’s problems are documented.

Slim Devices needs to be very concerned about these things. It seems to
me the Squeezebox business case is centered on word-of-mouth
communication.  I know I bought one based on the recommendation of a
co-worker. I also have influenced 3 other people to buy one. There is
no significant advertising for it and there are no (or at least very
few) major retail outlets for it. All the business is based on
word-of-mouth.

Tonymuffin clearly loves his SBes too. He’s got 3 for
cryin’ out loud.  If tonymuffin had NOT upgraded to 6.2.2, he
would be like the rest of us; showing it off to all his friends at his
party tonight. But since he DID upgrade to 6.2.2, his whole system came
down and now he’s going to be telling all his friends how
he’s spent 800 bucks on these pieces of junk. That’s not
the type of word-of-mouth Slim Devices needs. IMHO.

--
Zten