opaqueice Wrote:
> Why not just have an external HD that the SB can plug into directly?  If
> it has a USB/firewire connection, you could load music onto it that way,
> or maybe also over the net.

Well, if you're going to have more than one SB (we've already agreed on
a 2nd, and I might even be able to wiggle a 3rd!), you want the storage
central, with your network switch/router, never mind the WAF issues.
USB external drives are pretty ubiquitous these days - a slim device
with 'adequate' processor (certainly less than GHz), USB interface, and
LINUX OS like wirruna describes would be ideal.
(Isn't this pretty much just a hopped up NSLU2, with a built-in
'configuration utility'?)

--
nicketynick

Wireless SB3, Denon DRA-F101, Mission M31 loudspeakers
WinXP SP2 Slimserver, SMC WBR14g router