Mark Lanctot Wrote:
> Hmm.  All the online documentation seemed to suggest this was handled by
> WZC.  Is yours handled by your wireless NIC connection software?

ad hoc is simply the alternative to Infrastructure mode (which itself
means traffic passes through and is controllled by an access point or
like).

Mark Lanctot Wrote:

> Should we encourage or discourage it?

No reason to - appropriate caveats are ok.

Mark Lanctot Wrote:

> In a related topic on Windows systems, I have heard that ICS is
> problematic. I'm wondering if I should keep the caution about that?

In Windows 98 SE and ME, the implementation was simply atrocious, and
caused folks no end of grief.  The Win XP implementation is a lot
better, but it is still troublesome to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- there really is very little reason for anyone to use it today given
the amazing low cost of hardware alternatives.

--
MrC