The SB3 is still unresponsive. It failed to reset to factory settings
after numerous attempts. I will let it "rest" for 24 hours and try back
tomorrow night. By then, hopefully, I should have an answer from tech
support.

The strange thing about all this is how sudden and unexpected the
"death" was. The SB3 had worked flawlessly since January. No glitches,
bugs, crashes, nothing! Many times, after reading about the woes of
other users, I said to myself: I am lucky or perhaps I managed to set
this thing perfectly right the first time around...

But I guess all good things come to an end...It was great while it
lasted. Hopefully, I will get a replacement or something (fingers
crossed!)

--
crooner