I would keep trying a different channel every few days or so. I also own
a Slim 1 and was plauged by the same problem until I hit upon a channel
that worked. The most likley cause of the interferance was my neigbors
cordless telephone as it operates in the same range as my router
(besure to check your OWN phones as well and upgrade them if needed).

If that fails you can look for a hacked version of your routers
firmware which may allow you to change to ANY channel and boost your
signal well beyond its default. Beaware that doing this may be against
some local laws and such...

--
Grimm