It is a matter of preference... but how many times and how many buttons
did you have to press to get to Pink Floyd?

Let's see... click the Right button to get to Browse, Click the Down
Button to get to Artists, Press the "7" to Quick Jump to "P". How many
Artist do you have that start with "P"? I have about 37 [...]

May I suggest the indispensable "Lazy Search" plugin?

http://hickinbottom.demon.co.uk/lazysearch

With it you would do the following:

1. Press the "Search" button on your remote.
2. Start typing "Pink Floyd".

By the time you hit "k", you'd probably be looking at the correct match. If not, you might either continue typing or just press the down arrow a couple of times.

It makes the player UI experience much, much nicer. No scroll wheel necessary...

SBB