cparker Wrote:

> In Canada it's ASCAP; I'm not sure in the U.S. When you steal music,
> you're not hurting the artist, you're hurting the record company, and
> as I said above, "paybacks are a bi_ch" Artists and consumers alike
> have been ripped off by record companies for many years.
>
> Now they're suing the already unhappy and ripped off customers for
> downloading music.

You can debate how you think it ought to work and how what you're doing
is "fair" all day long.  And while I don't agree with you
point-by-point, I certainly generally agree that the
radio-airplay/record-company/music distribution model is pretty screwed
up.  BUT...in the end, the law is the law.  There are lots of laws that
we might not agree with, but it would be a pretty chaotic world if all
it took was disagreement with a law to justify the breaking of said
law.

--
azinck3