As one who looks in from time to time it's interesting to see the

I upgraded some time back, encountered the compilation issue, read a
few threads on it & concluded I needed to tag compilations as such
-took no time with mp3 tag & about 700 albums all told.

My point is that as far as I was concerned it was no big deal & I've
got used to having to tinker with settings etc.  I've got used to
getting p'ed off with my belkin router occasionally failing to
recognise the wireless connection....

This is a product that requires some level of technical understanding &
a little patience and technical nurturing, but rewards with outstanding
sound quality and outstanding vfm.

The nature of open source is great with sometimes unpredictable
functionality + rapid response to issues.  Downsides ...poor
documentation & not much packaging of new releases.

Sure that more time explaining what's in a new release & the possible
impact on existing library would mean people making a more informed
decision as to whether to upgrade or not.

Of course if you are like me, you'd upgrade anyway, curse for a few
day's while you get it all working how you want it again, then settle
back to enjoy until the next time.....!!

--
ntom

SB3, Perpetual Technologies P1-A / P3-A, Naim 82, 4 x Naim 135,
Magneplanar MG3a