chiphart Wrote:
> bklaas wrote:
> > An aside, isn't it bizarre that Nokia releases this Linux-powered
> > handheld and the only instructions they post for upgrade involves
> using
> > a Windows machine?
>
>       I concur.  Worse, you have to download the .Net framework or
>       whatever.  I have XP on a partition solely for these little
>       chores and it sucks.

There is a flasher for Linux and Mac. Plus, IIRC, the first upgrade
route (during hte beta) was only available to Linux users - which gave
the application developers/porters time to get their apps ready before
the masses (well .. the rest of te small community) to join in.
I think I saw the Linux flasher still referred to on the Maemo site.

Anyway - I upgraded recently as well and looking OK so far.
It does feel faster - and that is without enabling sawp to MMC.

--
Paul Webster

Paul Webster
http://www.lastfm.com/user/BondJamesBond