Mitch Harding Wrote:
> I think the album art is a minor point anyway.  I agree with his
> general
> point -- a bundled package would expand the market for the SB while
> not
> removing any of the features/benefits we currently enjoy.  Unless one
> of the
> features we enjoy is being members of an exclusive club?

It's not about being an exclusive club. It's about a guy dropping in
out of the blue and basically implying that the Slim guys have their
heads up their ass because they haven't come up with what *he* sees as
the essential feature sets.

I am not saying he's wrong or right. What I am saying is that a bundled
package would increase the cost of a Slim device in a non-trivial way.
And does the increase in price drive away more customers than the
features attract? I don't know, and he doesn't know either. And this,
from a business standpoint, (which he claims to represent with his many
years of business experience) is a HUGE no-no.

If people want to sit in the forums and pull ideas out if their ass,
they're quite welcome to. But this guy acts like no one at Slim has
ever done any market research or cost analysis on their own products.
So if he wants to come back and start a thread like  "How can we help
new users get their CDs ripped easier?", I'd be happy to have a
dialogue with him. Until then, he's just blowing hot air.

--
Victor