maybe it just should. I feel compelled to comment as a pretty casual
observer. bulk of this is just electronic misunderstanding. If folks
were talking face to face or even just talking on the phone, this all
would have been a non-event. Maybe the simple "smiley face" would have
prevented the misunderstanding, maybe not. Interesting how no one from
Slim chimed in. They know they have a good thing going with all these
unpaid yet very passionate engineers developing SW and in some cases
even HW for them....  :o)

For the record, I love my squeezebox and despite its non-idiot proof
setup and usage, I talk it up to all my friends. I have paid the price
with my own time being used to help friends get their SB going. So, I
also am an unpaid consultant!

However, as I posted many months ago, I think the main reason Slim does
not market the product through the mainstream is becuase they realize it
is not idiot-proof enough yet. Their call center would be inundated and
they would have returned SBes coming at them by the truckload if they
got agressive on the price and marketed the SB through mainstream
channels. I bet they are working on pulling together all the great
stuff you guys have done and will one day soon get very rich on a more
idiot-proof SB, although I bet they are doing pretty well even now!
:o)

--
Zten