Not sure if I've missed someone say this but I've noticed the same
problem today - a small handful of albums I've ripped recently have
duplicate entries.

The only difference between old and new rips is I've started saving the
cue file in the same folder.  The only albums with dupes had a cue file,
not all of the albums with a cue duped and there doesn't appear to be
any obvious pattern to which ones dupe and which don't.

I've deleted the cue files from the respective album folders and the
dupes appear to be gone (at least the 2 offenders that hit me today
aren't duping now) :)

--
Rangdo