CardinalFang Wrote:
> Also, I really wish that there was a transport-only option. The price
> point is fair for what's inside, but a lot of that is unnecessary
> clutter and stuff that will never get used in my view - I don't need a
> DAC, two displays, a fancy wheel and all those buttons, what I was
> hoping for was a clean looking transport with a graphical remote.
>
> I think it will have a tough time against an SB3 plus a $1500 DAC. OK,
> so you can use the Transport DAC for other inputs, but audiophiles will
> most likely already have a DAC at this price point.
>
> Thinking about it some more, I'm really disappointed. I'm in the
> minority I know, but right now, my money would go on a Sonos with a
> Benchmark or Musical Fidelity DAC for the same price.
>
> Paul

I don't understand what you mean when you say "transport-only option".
Surely if you don't need a DAC then a squeezebox IS that option. This
product is a serious DAC with a squeezebox built in.

As for the whole Sonos thing I don't get the appeal there at all. How
does that work if there's more that one person in your house wanting to
listen to different music in different rooms? You have to buy several
remotes at £319 each or wait and take it in turns? How's the jitter
from the Sonos' digital out compared to the '35ps at S/PDIF receiver'
quoted for this device?

Anyway back to the "I'm really disappointed", what were you hoping for
for in this new product?

--
rickwookie