It's interesting all the variations that are possible.  I'm sure a lot of us are runnign at least one of our SB's into a surround amp and probably using the optical out on the SB and using the amp's DA converter.

Built in amp?  don't understand that one.  As it is you can use a set of powered speakers (of which there are increasing numbers available) or a seperate amp giving the option of other inputs (TV, radio tuner etc).

Built in radio?  Internet radio seems to remove the need for an FM or DAB tuner - if you want one of these get a receiver rather than an amp.

I'm not sure I'd buy a boombox but i can see why people would want one.