Fifer Wrote:
> Sorry Mark, but doesn't that mean you found the receiver's ADC/DAC
> circuits to sound so warm as to make muddy and indistict, the nice
> sound you could hear directly from the SB headphone socket?

Yes.  The sound from the headphone socket was much better - it uses the
SB3's DAC directly.

The sound via analog to the receiver was the one that sounded
muddy/indistinct - this is the one that uses the receiver's ADC to
digitize the sound.

It was quite a surprise and a rude awakening.  I suspect not many A/V
receivers do analog very well.  I remember the two Denon units I had
before this weren't good on analog sources either, but I didn't have an
SB back then so I couldn't compare directly.

--
Mark Lanctot