It may not be SS job, but I do agree that some people may feel entitled to a slicker UI if they paid $2000 for the player.  Whether that is justified or not is, of course, debatable.

On 7/27/06, tomsi42 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Mitch Harding Wrote:

> I'd prefer to see SS be more of an application than a web app, but I
> can
> understand the OS portability benefits of the current model.  I'm on
> the
> fence.]

OS Portability is a major issue for many people. So for the server
itself, I find the current model find.

Another nice feature of the slimserver design is that it is possible to
add different front ends to it.

I will venture a guess that it is a more fancy/sexy/nice frontend that
most want. Which isn't slimserver's job...

Tom

--
tomsi42

SB3, Rotel RC-1070/RB-1070, dynaBel Exact, Kimber Kable 4TC and Timbre.