On Aug 4, 2006, at 10:17 AM, ChrisOwens wrote:
I expect Dean will pop up here before long, but until then I'll just
jump in.
POP!

There are a couple of things we're hoping to do for SqueezeNetwork/ SlimServer integration:

1. Sync settings & favorites. Things like alarm clocks, display settings, screen saver, etc. should only need to be set once. Favorite radio stations can be synced, but obviously local music favorites won't be synced.

2. Make it easier to switch between SqueezeNetwork and SlimServer. Making it easier to switch players between the two via the remote, web interface and API.

3. Make it easier to understand. It should be easier to sign up for SqueezeNetwork, more obvious what system you are connected, and the language used clearer and consistent.

4. We've also talked about automatically switching a player between the two when your computer becomes available and unavailable. This will be the trickiest bit, since we don't want jump the player around unexpectedly.

These discussions on the forums are a big help in figuring out what's most important to do and how to approach it.

-dean