Well cancel the red alert.

As soon as I wire the Ubuntu PC directly into the router, everything
works as expected.  File sharing from/to, SlimServer web GUI,
everything.

This points the finger at the SB3, unfortunately.  It's strange - it
works fine for Internet access, downloading files at ~315 kB/s, which
is more or less my Internet connection at saturation (about 330 kB/s).
It's not a speed issue, the SB3 as a wireless bridge is doing something
to file sharing packets only.

I really want to get this working.  This is the whole reason why I
bought a second SB.

I'll check bugzilla and create a new bug if one's not there.  What kind
of data would be helpful for diagnosis?  Ethereal traces?  arp outputs?
ping times?

--
Mark Lanctot