Milhouse Wrote:
> Question from the UK:
>
> Anyone know if these powerline devices work OK when plugged into 4 or
> even 8-gang socket extensions? I may need to buy a pair of
> Powerline/Home Networking-type devices for my folks (85Mbps should do
> the trick) as I've just about given up trying to get decent 11g
> wireless coverage between ground and top floors of their house.
>
> However there's a shortage of power outlets near the ADSL router
> (ground floor) so the powerline device may have to go in an extension
> socket assuming it will fit - how big are these devices, larger than a
> standard UK plug?

I'm using a pair of Devolo MicroLink dLAN adapters for a point-to-point
link to a Squeezebox in the kitchen where wireless reception isn't great
and cuts out when the microwave is on.

Both of the adapters are on 4-way extension leads.  I've had absolutely
no problems with them and I'm streaming FLAC.

I'm sure having the adapters on extension leads isn't optimal but it
works fine for me.

The adapters are bigger than the typical plug so I needed to juggle
around other plugs to get things to fit.

--
mikerob