When SlimServer is idle, it uses 0% and once every 10 seconds or so 2%,
on an otherwise idle machine. When scanning, and nothing else is
happening on the machine, why shouldn't slim.exe use close to 100% of
the CPU cycles? Why waste them on the System Idle Process? This is of
course regardless of CPU speed, it's not so that the Slimserver runs at
1.5GHz and if you have a faster CPU you get a lot of unused clock
cycles...

If I do something else during scanning, slim.exe gets - and uses - a
lower percentage of the CPU cycles. IF I want it to get less, I can
lower the priority of the process in Task Manager. The process is also
most of the time (while scanning) "pumping", changing in intervals  of
maybe 10-20 seconds between two levels of CPU usage.

--
tommypeters